Using group ownership, you can assign a DataSet to not just an individual user but an entire Domo group. Using DataSet group ownership allows any user in that group to make changes and perform any action a singular owner could do.
How to get
If you are interested in joining the beta for this feature, please contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM).
Using DataSet Group Ownership
To access DataSet ownership,
- Click Data in the navigational header.
- Click the DataSet icon to open the DataSets tab.
- Select Owned by you in the Quick Filter menu to see all the DataSets you have permissions to change ownership.
- Select the DataSet you would like to change the ownership of.
- Click the icon next to the owner name.
- Search for and select the group you would like to change the owner to.
- A notification will appear to grant the new user/group permissions of the DataSet account
- Click the continue button to confirm.
What happens if I delete the owner of a DataSet?
If the owner of a DataSet is deleted, then you will be prompted to reassign those DataSets before they are deleted. The reassignment can be to another user or a group.
How do group notifications work?
DataSet email notifications may send notifications to users that don't have authority on the DataSet. This is permissible as users are unable to access the DataSet.