Users can customize their personal, team, and company goals. By using enhancements, users can create associations between their goals and other goals in their organization. This article describes how to add tags, comments, attachments, and link parent and child goals.
Adding a Tag
Tagging establishes a searchable way to see all goals and metrics with the same tag, regardless of who they belong to. Both goals and metrics can have tags.
Tagging a Goal
Follow the steps below to tag a goal:
1. Go to the goal's detail view. Click the + Tag button.
2. From the Select Tags drop-down, choose a tag. A list of suggested tags will appear. Create a new tag by typing in the search box.
3. Applied tags are displayed in the summary view of a goal under the Tags heading. New tags can be added at any time by selecting the + Tag button.
Tagging a Metric
Metrics can be tagged using the same steps above.
1. Go to the Metric Detail view. Metrics will appear below the goal they are measuring in the Personal, Teams, or Company tabs.
2. Select + Tag.
Adding Comments and Attachments
As you track your goals and metrics, add comments or add attachments to record updates over time by going to the Comments tab in the metric or goal summary.
If you wish to add an attachment, select the paperclip icon in the message field.
Linking Parent and Child Goals
Let’s say your goal relates to a higher-level goal in your company. In this case, you can link goals together, making your goal a Child to the higher-level or Parent goal. The benefit of having parent and child goals is to create a connection between goals that users can visualize in tree or lineage view. Users can also expand parent goals to view child goals, and click on specific goals to see summaries.
Follow the steps below to link a parent or child goal:
1. Locate and select your goal.
2. From the goal details page, click + Parent Goal or + Link Child Goal.
- If you chose + Parent Goal in the previous step, search for and click on the desired parent goal, then click Select. Your goal is now connected to the selected objective as a child.
- If you chose + Link Child Goal, you can search for an existing goal or create a new one. The options for creating a new goal are the same as those described in Getting Started With Goals and will become a child goal automatically.
3. In the image above, the user has located a parent goal to link. After clicking Select, the original goal will be attached to the higher-level company goal as a child.
Tree view provides an entire hierarchy of a goal with its child goals.
Select View Tree in the menu on the righthand side of the screen. Or, select from the Personal, Teams, or Company tabs.
Once in tree view, click the number under a goal to see all child goals. Users can click and drag the tree or zoom in and out. Select any goal to see a summary view.
You can see the lineage of your goal using the lineage view. This view is similar to tree view. It shows all parents of your goal up to the highest-level goal but does not show children.
Select View Lineage in the menu in the goal details page.
As with tree view, you can click and drag the lineage diagram or zoom in and out. Select any goal to see its summary view.